EIT - Raw Materials Business Ideas Competition
Business Ideas Competition for Innovation in Raw Materials.
The mission of the EIT RawMaterials is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship by driving and promoting projects all along the raw materials value chain. The philosophy of the Business Idea competition is to help future potential entrepreneurs in creating technologies and business models with a high growth potential within the raw materials sector and in all related fields.
The topics that should underline the proposed business ideas are the following:
- Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- Mining in challenging environments
- Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
- Recycling and materials chain optimization for end-of life products
- Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and substitutions for optimized performance
- Design of products and services for the circular economy
EIT RawMaterials invites you to participate and present your business idea related to the topics mentioned in the format outlined by the Business Plan Competition. Upon acceptance of the idea, participants will have one month to develop a business plan.
The competition is open to anyone interested:
- Researchers or research groups from universities and research centers that are working on any of the topics raised by the competition
- Professionals with experience and deep knowledge in the raw materials field
- PhD and top-level students within the sector
Beneficiaries and Aims
Incentives and Expenses
The best projects will benefit from the EIT promotion, resources and contacts. To be part of the EIT RawMaterials alumni community, which bets for innovation and entrepreneurship.
Phase 1: Selection and promotion of the best ideas
Ideas submission deadline: 17 October 2016
The best 10 ideas will be awarded € 1.000 and will be selected to go to the next phase. Depending on the number and quality of the ideas received an additional pool of ideas may be selected to go to the next phase (first week of November 2016)
Phase 2: Development of the selected ideas
Mentoring of the teams: the winning teams will be mentored to develop a more comprehensive business plan (November 2016)
Phase 3: Business Plan Awards
Business plan submission deadline: 1 December 2016
Three best projects from phase 2 are selected as finalists
- 1st prize: € 20.000
- 2nd prize: € 10.000
- 3rd prize: € 5.000
Business plan awards ceremony: 20 December 2016
As a recommendation but not mandatory: ideas coming from students should be accompanied by a faculty member with experience in the field.