ERC - Advanced grant, call 2016
The Europen Research Council (ERC) launched a new call for Advanced grants. The budget available is 540 million of euros
The European Research Council (ERC) aims to provide attractive, long-term funding to support excellent investigators and their research teams, in order to set a clear and inspirational target for frontier research across Europe.
ERC provides different kinds of grants:
- Starting Grants, for researchers of any nationality with 2-7 years of experience, funding up to 1,5 million of euros (in some circumstances up to 2 million of euros) for 5 years;
- Consolidator Grants, for researchers of any nationality with over 7 and up to 12 years of experience, funding up to 2 million of euros (in some circumstances up to 2,75 million of euros) for 5 years;
- Advanced Grants, for scientifically independent researchers of any nationality and any age, funding up to 2,5 million of euros (in some circumstances up to 3,5 million of euros) for 5 years;
- Proof of concept, for Principal Investigators benefitting from an ERC Advanced, Synergy, Consolidator or Starting Grant , funding up to 150.000 euros for a period up to 18 months.
Advanced grant, call 2016
ERC Advanced Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements. This action is open to researchers of any nationality who intend to conduct their research activity in any Member State or Associated Country.
The ERC's frontier research grants operate on a 'bottom-up' basis without predetermined priorities. The call 'ERC-2016-ADG' consists of one call with a single deadline applying to each of the three main research domains:
- Physical Sciences & Engineering (Panels: PE1 – PE10),
- Life Sciences (Panels: LS1 – LS9),
- Social Sciences & Humanities (Panels: SH1 – SH6).
The deadline for this Call is Thursday 1st September 2016 at 17:00:00 (Brussels local time).