Horizon 2020 - ECSEL JU Calls for 2017
The ECSEL JU Calls for 2017 are now open for advancing the state-of-the art in electronic components and systems.
> Horizon 2020 – prizes for energy efficiency
ECSEL Joint Undertaking is a partnership between the private and the public sectors for advancing the state-of-the art in electronic components and systems. Its members are:
- the European Union (through the Commission);
- Member States and Associated Countries to the Framework Programme Horizon 2020 on a voluntary basis;
- Three associations (EPoSS, AENEAS and ARTEMIS Industry Association) representing the actors from the areas of micro- and nano-electronics, smart integrated systems and embedded/cyber-physical systems.
The ECSEL Joint Undertaking is established within the meaning of Article 187 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union for the implementation of the Joint Technology Initiative on 'Electronic Components and Systems for European Leadership' for a period up to 31 December 2024. In order to achieve its objectives, the ECSEL Joint Undertaking provides financial support mainly in the form of grants to participants following open and competitive calls for proposals.
ECSEL JU opens two concurrent Calls in 2017:
- H2020-ECSEL-2017-1-IA-two-stage - Innovation Actions (IA), 92,5 million of euros;
- H2020-ECSEL-2017-2-RIA-two-stage - Research and Innovation Actions (RIA), 67,5 million of euros.
Both ECSEL Calls 2017 have two stages, Project Outline (stage 1) and Full Project Proposal (stage 2). The submission of a Project Outline is mandatory, only proposals having submitted a Project Outline will be allowed to submit a Full Project Proposal.
There are two deadlines:
- at 17:00:00 Brussels time on 11 May 2017 for Project Outline stage;
- at 17:00:00 Brussels time on 21 September 2017 for Full Project Proposal stage.