EU Funds - first call Interreg IPA CBC Italy-Albania-Montenegro
The first Call for Proposals of the Interreg IPA II CBC Italy-Albania-Montenegro Programme will be launched in March 2017.
Interregg Italy-Albania-Montenegro 2014-2020
The Interreg IPA II Cross-border Cooperation Programme "Italy-Albania-Montenegro" joins the Adriatic cooperation scenario in the 2014-2020 period, characterized by the entry of Croatia in Europe, the adoption of new cooperation programmes, the definition of the Adriatic Ionian Macroregional Strategy, and the enhancement of relations between Puglia, Albania and Montenegro.
The Programme was established with the intent of giving more impetus to the IPA cooperation in the lower Adriatic sea, fostering smart, inclusive and sustainable development. Italy participates in the Programme with two regions: Puglia, which also acts as Managing Authority, and Molise; Albania and Montenegro participate with the entire territory.
The Programme aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience among regional and local stakeholders from the three countries, develop and implement pilot actions, measure the feasibility of new policies, products and services, support investment in the areas of interest. It supports project initiatives related to the following priority axes:
- Strengthening the cross-border cooperation and competitiveness of SMEs
- Smart management of natural and cultural heritage for the exploitation of cross border sustainable tourism and territorial attractiveness
- Environment protection, risk management and low carbon strategy
- Increasing cross border accessibility, promoting sustainable transport service and facilities and improving public infrastructures
The call 2017 will be launched in March 2017 and will be open for 60 calendar days from its official publication. The budget allocated to the First Call for Proposals amounts to 25 million of euros.
The EU contribution to projects shall be up to 85% of eligible expenditure, while 15% shall be provided according to the national systems. The minimum eligible partnership must involve at least one partner from each participating Country:
- at least 1 partner from a EU Member State (eligible territories of Italy);
- at least 1 partner from each IPA Country (1 partner from Albania and 1 partner from Montenegro).
The project implementation shall not be longer than 24 months, starting from the signature of the Subsidy Contract.