Startups – new call Fundacion Repsol Entrepreneurs Fund
Fundación Repsol's business accelerator, the Entrepreneurs Fund, will be looking for innovative startups in the energy and advanced mobility sector.
The seventh call for proposals of the Entrepreneurs Fund, Fundación Repsol's business accelerator, is already under way. The fund offers support to the best startups offering innovative solutions in the areas of energy, advanced mobility, the circular economy, and new materials for the energy and chemicals industry.
Proposals are separate into two categories:
- Projects: more mature startups that have not yet reached the commercial phase.
- Ideas: startups working on their technology or business model.
The selected proposals will receive funding, along with specialised training, counselling from a team of mentors, and access to possible investors. Being selected does not imply any transfer of shareholding or intellectual property to Fundación Repsol.
The acceleration process lasts one year, and projects can be extended for a second year. The Entrepreneurs Fund offers up to 144.000 euros per year for each project's business development. Ideas are provided with 2.000 euros per month over a 12-month period. The initiative supports the talent of entrepreneurs by helping their projects reach the market as quickly as possible.
Who can participate?
The call is intended for small and medium-sized businesses, but participation is also open to people who have not yet formed a business. The call is intended also for natural persons of legal age and enterprises which employs fewer than 50 persons and whose annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet total does not exceed EUR 10 million.
Focusing on the energy sector, Fundación Repsol's accelerator supports startups that work on innovative solutions in different areas:
- Digitalisation and mobility: innovative proposals in the mobility sector that create more value for people;
- New materials and differentiated products: technologies associated with the obtaining or use of materials of greater added value or high performance in the chemical and energy industry, construction, home or transport.
- Circular economy: proposals related to the recycling and reuse of waste, water treatment and reduction of emissions in the energy and chemical industry. Technologies for plastic-to-fuel/plastic conversions and for the production of biofuels;
- New oil and gas exploration and production technologies: digital improvements, drilling and cementing, new materials, improvement of efficiency and safety in oil and gas processes and operations;
- Efficiency in operations in the energy and chemical industry: development of new processes, technologies and services, aimed at reducing the carbon footprint and the consumption of energy resources and materials; or improvement of the safety, reliability and availability of industrial plants.
Entrepreneurs wishing to participate can submit their proposals as of today and until 12 March 2018 at fundacionrepsol.com.