The Interreg Europe programme financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) aims to improve the implementation of regional development policies and programmes, in particular programmes for Investment for Growth and Jobs and European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) programmes.
Priorities and objectives
The following overall objective is defined for the INTERREG EUROPE programme: to improve the implementation of policies and programmes for regional development, principally of programmes under the Investment for Growth and Jobs goal and, where relevant, of programmes under the ETC goal, by promoting exchange of experience and policy learning among actors of regional relevance.
- 1. Strengthening research, technological development and innovation (TO1)
- 2. Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs (TO3)
- 3. Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors (TO4)
- 4. Protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency (TO6)
- Research, Technological Development and Innovation
- Competitiveness of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Low Carbon Economy
- Environment and Resource Efficiency
- Technical Assistance
30 Countries are participating in the programme:
- 28 EU Member States
- Switzerland and Norway
The total budget is: 426,309,618 euro. The programme is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The total budget for the programme is 359,326,320 euro.