URBACT III will be a European Territorial Cooperation programme jointly financed by the European Union (through the European Regional Development Fund) and Member States and will be delivered across the 2014-2020 programming period.
URBACT III programme will be organised around four main objectives:
- Capacity for Policy Delivery: To improve the capacity of cities to manage sustainable urban policies and practices in an integrated and participative way.
- Policy Design: To improve the design of sustainable strategies and action plans in cities.
- Policy Implementation: To improve the implementation of integrated and sustainable urban strategies and action plans in cities
- Building and Sharing Knowledge: To ensure that practitioners and decision makers at all levels have increased access to knowledge and share know how on all aspects of sustainable urban development in order to improve urban development policies.
The programme has five thematic objectives:
- Thematic Objective 1: Strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- Thematic Objective 4: Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors
- Thematic Objective 6: Protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency
- Thematic Objective 8: Promoting employment and supporting labour mobility
- Thematic Objective 9: Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty
The total budget for the programme is: Euro 96.324.550 ( Euro 74.301.909 EFRD + Euro 22.022.641 national funds).