Call AstroFIt2 - Astronomy Fellowships in Italy
A selection based on qualifications, possibly integrated by an interview, is open to award 9 (nine) Incoming mobility fellowships, co-funded by Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions COFUND, under the acrion "Astronomy Fellowships in ltaly 2" (hereinafter referred to as "AstroFlt2").
Awarded researchers shall be considered as Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellows. Each applicant shall propose a research project related with one (or more in case of interdisciplinary projects) ofthe following scientific research areas:
- I) Galaxies and Cosmology
- 2) Stars, Stellar Populations and Interstellar medium
- 3) Sun and Solar System
- 4) Relativistic and Particle Astrophysics
- 5) Advanced Technology and Instruments;
- 6) any other astrophysics subject (e.g.: exoplanets, asrobiology, etc.), relevant for INAF scientific activities.
At the time ofthe deadline for submission ofproposals, applicants shall fulfil the following requirements, on pain ofexclusion, in order to participate to the selection:
- al) shall have a PhD degree, plus a maximum ofeight (8) years of post-PhD research experience; or, in the case oflack ofPhD degree,
- a2) shall have a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of twelve (12) years of full+ime equivalent research experience (including the period of research training), acquired after the degree formally necessary for the admission to a doctorate in the country where the degree was obtained or in the country where the fellowship is taking place;
- b) shall be researchers who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately prior to the call deadline (short stays, e.g.: holidays, are not taken into account).
Beneficiaries and Aims
Incentives and Expenses
Living allowance: the contract for the fellows shall speci! a yearly reference rate for monthly living allowances of 45.000 EUR/year. This amount, paid in different monthly instalments, includes the provisions for all compulsory deductions under national applicable legislation, and social charges.
Travel allowance: fellows are entitled to 3 travel allowances, each one of 1500 EUR/year and it is subject to national applicable deductions, irrespective of the actual travel costs incurred by the researcher. The first travel allowance shall be paid upon taking up appointment and the following two after one and two years, respectively. The travel allowance shall be proportionally reduced if the fellows works for a period lower than l2 months.
Research cost contribution: the hosting INAF Research Centre will receive a contribution to the research and training expenses ofthe fellow. This monthly amount of500 EUR wilt be used for any expense needed to carry out the project and to contribute at the researcher career development.
Accident and health insurance: . it will be paid by INAF in favour of the fellow, to provide coverage for health diseases, work accidents, and occupational diseases or invalidity. During the period of obligatory matemity leave the allowance paid by INPS (Italian National Institute for Social Security) is supplemented by INAF up to the total amount ofthe grant.
Deadline: November 18, 2015, at 12:00 noon (CET)
The fellow shall devote himself/herself full time to the project for a period of 36 months. The fellow, however, may propose to suspend par! or all, of the project due to personal, family (including parental leave) or professional reasons. The request of suspension by the fellow shall be accompanied by the necessary j ustifi cations.