EIT Health: Wild Card projects - Call 2018
Call for Applications 2018: Wild Card projects.
Wild Card Projects seek to transform healthcare delivery through attracting the best and the brightest talents to solve some of healthcare’s greatest challenges.
Challenges are problems that are still unsolved, inefficiently solved or delivered in a very expensive or inconvenient format:
- Challenge 1 - SMART HEALTH: How to transform medical diagnostics with artificial intelligence and big data?
- Challenge 2 - FIGHT BACK: How to manage antibiotic resistance in European healthcare?
Through the Wild Card Projects, EIT Health will support high-risk innovative ideas with transformative potential on healthcare, as set out by EIT Health partners.
EIT Health is looking for the best and the brightest talent in Europe to form teams composed of individual members with three different profiles:
- Technical Lead: focuses on the available technology options, requirements and architectural issues. It needs to be someone with extensive experience with technology or science, which will be at the centre of the proposed solution;
- Clinical Lead: focuses on the medical and healthcare delivery issues (can be a practicing physician, clinical department manager);
- Business Lead: focuses on the overall business objectives, customer definition, business plan, etc. It needs to be someone with business expertise. It would be an advantage if you previously had entrepreneurial experience.
Applicants must hold a European Union citizenship (EU Member State, their outermost regions, overseas countries or territories linked to the Member States), Horizon 2020 associated countries, or be permanent residents of one of the countries listed in the Call.
Beneficiaries and Aims
Incentives and Expenses
EIT Health leverages the expertise of organisations spanning key areas of healthcare - such as pharma, medtech, payers, research institutions and universities. Connecting our partners’ knowledge and competence, EIT Health accelerates collaborations in cutting-edge projects, develops health education and speeds up new business development.
Start-ups created within the Wild Card Project framework will become a part of the unique pan-European partnership which serves as a catalyst for healthcare innovation and cooperating to facilitate new solutions and technologies that benefit European citizens. Wild Card Projects will be offered a vast range of services provided by EIT Health incubators and accelerators located all around Europe. EIT Health aims at welcoming new innovation ventures through Wild Card Projects and offering them the most flexible and comprehensive form of support.
Applications must be completed and submitted via the online electronic submission system before the deadline of the call on 9 March 2018 at 17:00 CET.
Each of the Wild Card Projects will have a Lead Mentor, who will work with them regularly. The Lead Mentor will spend a significant number of working hours helping the Wild Card Projects to become successful endeavours.