EU: #Youth4Regions press trips
In order to increase awareness of regional policy and fight disinformation, European Commission's DG REGIO encourages journalism students and young journalists to cover regional policy events.
The press trips organized throughout the year by the DG are set to include one aspiring journalist.
To this end, the European Commission is accepting applications from applicants meeting the following conditions:
- Citizenship of an EU Member State or a neighbouring country included in EU macroregional strategies (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine)
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Studying journalism, or
- Graduated journalism studies in the past 2 years and is working as a journalist.
In the following months, you can take part in the following press trips:
- EUSAIR Forum (6-8 May, Budva, Montenegro)
- EUSBSR Forum (12-13 June, Gdańsk, Poland)
- EUSDR Forum (27-28 June, Bucharest, Romania)
- EUSALP Forum (November, date tbc, Milan, Italy)
- Smart Regions 3.0 (November, date tbc, Brussels, Belgium)
- CITIES Forum (30-31 January, Porto, Portugal)
Beneficiari e Finalitá
Incentivi e Spese
What the European Commission offers:
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- The opportunity to work side by side with established journalists
- Valuable new knowledge on the European Union's work in the regions
The deadline for applications is 28 February 2019, 17:00 CET.
The press trips are part of the Youth4Regions media programme for aspiring journalists.